The moment that I found out that this was getting a re-release I knew that I had to book a ticket to see one of my favourite films. I remember back in 2024, I had bought a ticket thinking it was this film and it turned out to be the first three episodes of the TV series to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the show. Thankfully this was the release I thought it was and the only thing that would have made this better is if it had been in the Xplus screening which is the biggest screen in my local cinema.
The songs are absolute classics. It's impossible to not get caught up in them. My two personal favourites are The Touch and Dare. They are great songs in the film and when you listen to them on the album they are just as good. I do also like Dare to Be Stupid by Weird Al Yankovic. The fact that the song Touch doesn't undermine the action that taking place shows how good it is and how good the film is.
It is sad that we have recently lost Peter Cullen. Optimus Prime is a great character and the voice is amazing. Frank Welker is great as Megatron and he voices my favourite Transformer Soundwave. I always find it amazing the Orson Welles voiced Unicron. It was his last role as he died less than a week after recording his lines. The idea of Unicron is a great one and I loved the design and it was great to see the design in 2023's Transformers: Rise of the Beasts film. It's great to hear Eric Idle in this as Wreck-Gar although I would say that 90% of his dialogue is gibberish. Having a Python in this film felt like great casting for some reason although having someone from Star Trek is also great. Leonard Nimoy voices Galvatron and as much as I would have liked Megatron to be in this voice for longer, I thought that Galvatron was a very good character. He was cocky without understanding that he is way less powerful than Unicron. Galvatron does get a chance to get some sort of revenge against Starscream. I always cheer when Starscream gets killed. Very satisfying. In fact it's quite amusing how quickly the decepticons are at turning on each other. Within seconds of throwing Megatron out into space and declaring himself leader, Starscream causes a big fight between the remaining decepticons.
Nothing has changed in my opinion of this film. I had a big smile on my face the entire time and despite hearing people who seemed to be talking every so often, I enjoyed the experience. This will always be my favourite Transformers movie and despite the songs being a bit cheesy, the fact that it is something I still love shows how much this film works on every conceivable level. I remember when I saw the second terrible Michael Bay directed Transformers film. I was so miserable when I got out of the cinema that I drove home and found my DVD copy of this film and made myself feel so much better. That is the power of this film.
No comments:
Post a Comment