Transformers: 40th Anniversary Event (2024)



I learnt a valuable lesson with this ‘film’ and that is to make sure I read the title and synopsis to see what I am buying. I bought the ticket thinking that I was watching the 1986 animated movie, having never seen it on the big screen. What I got was the four episode first series that aired in 1984. ‘More Than Meets the Eye Parts 1-3’ and ‘Transport to Oblivion’.


The first episode was different to the rest in that they went to the trouble of bringing back all the surviving original cast members and had them read the script on one side of the screen and showed the episode on the left. It was quite fun seeing the actors read the same lines that they did 40 years ago. Once that episode was over the rest of the story was told and this was slightly distracting because the image isn't the full screen. It was slightly reduced and also there was a constant caption explaining the episode name and title number. 


Once I got over the bitter disappointment of this not being the 1986 movie, I actually enjoyed the experience. There were about a dozen people in the theatre and I would be surprised if I was the only one that made this mistake.



Comments