John Wick: Chapter 4(2023)

I came to the John Wick fan club quite late. It was only when the fourth one was announced that I decided to give the films ago and have enjoyed this a lot. They make lack anything approaching a plot but I don’t think the appeal of this series is the plot. It’s just watching Keanu Reeves beating people up and there is something satisfying about that.

There is something about Bill Skarsgard that means he can do evil with such ease but is probably a nice guy in real life. The inclusion of Donnie Yen was another reason why I was looking forward to this film and he didn’t disappoint. 


The fight sequence down what look like the longest set of steps ever is my abiding memory of this film. It was exhausting just watching them so its difficult to imagine what it was like to film it. The fight scenes in this film are of the same quality as they have been in the previous instalments. 


I don’t know if the ending was implied to be the end of the series. I hope not, i have genuinely loved these films even if they are light on anything approaching a story but sometimes things are just as much when its about people beating each other up and killing each other. Long may it continue.


Comments